TinySSH is small SSH server using state-of-the-art cryptographic library based on TweetNaCl.
TinySSH offers good security on TCP and is designed for perfect security on CurveCP.
Mailing: send email to
- easy auditable - TinySSH has less than 100000 words of code
- no dynamic memory allocation - TinySSH has all memory statically allocated (less than 1MB)
- simple configuration - TinySSH can't be misconfigured
- reusing code - TinySSH is reusing build mechanism from NaCl and libraries from CurveCP implementation
- reusing software - TinySSH is using tcpserver/curvecpserver for TCP/CurveCP connection
- limited amount of features - TinySSH doesn't have features such: SSH1 protocol, compression, scp, sftp, ...
- no older cryptographic primitives - rsa, dsa, classic diffie-hellman, hmac-md5, hmac-sha1, 3des, arcfour, ...
- no copyright restrictions - TinySSH is in the public domain
- no dependency on OpenSSL - TinySSH has its own crypto library based on TweetNaCl
- cryptographic library (minimum 128-bit security, side-channel attack resistant, state-of-the-art crypto, ...)
- public-key authentication only (no password or hostbased authentication)
- State-of-the-art crypto: ssh-ed25519, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Older standard: ecdsa-sha2-nistp256, ecdh-sha2-nistp256, aes128-ctr/hmac-sha2-256
- experimental: 2014.01.01 - 2014.12.31 (experimentation)
- alpha: expected 2015.01.01 - 2015.12.31 (not ready for production use, ready for testing)
- beta: expected 2016.01.01 - ????.??.?? (ready for production use)
- stable: expected ????.??.?? - (ready for production use - including post-quantum crypto)
TinySSH uses crypto library TweetNaCl tnx Tanja Lange, Daniel J. Bernstein, Peter Schwabe and Wesley Janssen
TinySSH uses crypto library NaCl tnx Tanja Lange, Daniel J. Bernstein and Peter Schwabe
TinySSH uses firstname.lastname@example.org introduced by libssh.org thx libssh.org developers
TinySSH uses email@example.com introduced by OpenSSH thx OpenSSH developers
Current release (20140901experimental)
- added ECC crypto on NIST P-256 curve: ecdsa-sha2-nistp256, ecdh-sha2-nistp256
- added 128bit AES: aes128-ctr
- older standardized crypto in TinySSH is now complete
- has 70244 words of code